Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 20 min • Cook Time: 15 min
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley, trimmed
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp plus 1 tbsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, combine parsley, cilantro, garlic, red pepper, red wine vinegar, one teaspoon salt, black pepper, and olive oil. Purée until very smooth.
- Bring one gallon of water and remaining tablespoon of salt to boil in a large pot, and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving one cup of the pasta water, and add the cooked pasta to the sauce, tossing to coat well. Taste, and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Let rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes, or chill in refrigerator overnight. The flavor will improve after a couple hours.
- Pasta can be served cold or warm. Add cooked chicken or shrimp for more protein, or serve as a side with steak.