Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 30 min • Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 1/2 cups Chickpea Flour
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs. Water
- Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Ground Cumin
- 1 pinch Rosemary, crushed
- 1 large bunch Kale, washed
- 4 Carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup Toasted Marcona Almonds, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Golden Raisins
- 1 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine chickpea flour, cumin, rosemary, salt, pepper, 2 Tablespoons, olive oil, and water to form a thin batter. Let batter stand while preparing sauce and salad.
- Zest and juice the lemon, and keep them separate.
- Stir half of lemon juice with the yogurt, salt and pepper, and Harissa to taste in a small bowl.
- Strip spine from kale leaves, tear them into bite-sized pieces and add to a large bowl. Add lemon zest and juice then massage into kale leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan on medium low. Saute minced garlic for a minute, then add golden raisins and cook until warmed through. Add to kale salad and top with almonds and carrots.
- In the pan used for garlic and raisins, heat a couple teaspoons of oil on medium. Pour or ladle the batter in wee pancakes. Cook until bubbles form and edges lift slightly, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook another 1-2 minutes or until slightly browned. Transfer to cooked cakes to a plate and repeat with remaining batter.