- 1 cup Brown rice
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1 pound Boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Oil for frying
- 1 Pineapple, cored and cut into chunks, juice reserved
- 1 Green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1 Onion
- 1/4 c. sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup Sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons White wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Mirin
- 2 Tablespoons Grated ginger root
- 4 teaspoons Minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Reserved pineapple juice
- Prepare brown rice according to instructions on bag, but include 1 pinch of saffron.
- Combine ingredients for sauce. Stir well.
- Heat oil on high in large skillet and fry chicken until just golden brown but still tender. Set chicken aside.
- Sauté bell pepper and onion in skillet on medium high until crisp-tender. Add pineapple, cucumber, chicken and sauce. Cook until ingredients are heated through and sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with almonds and serve over brown rice.