Serves: 2 • Prep Time: 20 min • Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 lb Carrots
- 2 tsp Baharat spice blend (black pepper, coriander, cumin, allspice, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, paprika, nutmeg)
- Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup sliced Almonds
- 1 lb ground Lamb
- 1 Tbs Merguez spice blend (sweet paprika, cumin, ground fennel, granulated garlic, coriander)
- 1/4 c. Golden Raisins
- 2 Tbs Veganaise or Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs Tahini
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut carrots into quarters lengthwise, then on the bias into 1-inch lengths. Toss carrots with olive oil, 1 tsp Baharat, salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender and golden.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 tsp oil until hot but not smoking. Add the almonds and 1 teaspoon Baharat and cook, stirring frequently, until toasted and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Coarsely chop the Cilantro. Use half for the lamb and save half for the salad.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lamb, merguez spice blend, and half of the cilantro. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix until just combined. Using wet hands or disposable gloves, form the mixture into 1/2 inch-thick patties.
- In the same pan used for the almonds, warm 1 Tbs oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the patties and cook until browned and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Veganaise, Tahini, Lemon Juice, Salt, and Pepper. Adjust to taste. Add the Arugula and toss to coat. Top with Carrots, Raisins, Almonds and remaining Cilantro.
- Transfer the salad to individual plates and top with the lamb patties.