Serves: 8 • Prep Time: 30 min • Cook Time: 1hr 45 min
- 3 pounds Beef stew meat
- 1 Tablespoon Manteca (bacon fat)
- 1 Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 3 Carrots, finely chopped
- 3 Celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock
- 3 Tablespoons Lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Molasses
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Salt and Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Sweet corn, frozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat manteca in dutch oven on medium-high and fry beef until just browned. Add onion, carrot, and celery and saute until onion is translucent. Add remaining ingredients through salt and pepper.
- Bake, covered fo 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- While beef is cooking, prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Add corn to beef mixture and bake, covered another 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice and rejoice, for it is fucking good, man.