Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 30 min • Cook Time: 20 min
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 pint fresh Raspberries
- 4 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/4 cup Apple Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh Thyme, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the raspberries in a bowl, sprinkle them with sugar, and mash them well with a fork. Let the mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- While you wait, flatten the chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thick with a meat mallet. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Mash the raspberries again, then push the mixture through a sieve, reserving the juice. Discard seeds.
- In a saucepan, combine the raspberry juice, apple juice, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and thyme. Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water, then it whisk it into the raspberry sauce. Cook ands stir for a minute or two more, until sauce is thickened. Keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high heat. Cook chicken until golden on each side and until juices run clear.
- Serve chicken topped with raspberry sauce and garnished with fresh raspberries.