Servings: 24 • Prep Time: 15 min • Cook Time: 0 min
- 8 ounces Walnut pieces (1 bag)
- 3 cups organic Oat Flour
- 6 oz French Vanilla protein powder (I use 5 heaping scoops / half a can Designer Whey)
- 4 cups Cottage Cheese, 4%
- 1/4 cup real Maple Syrup
- 5 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (I use Penzey’s double strength)
- 10 oz bag organic 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Process walnuts in food processor until finely ground. Dump the walnuts into a large mixing bowl.
- Add oat flour and protein powder to the large mixing bowl.
- Puree cottage cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in the food process until super smooth and creamy.
- Pour cottage cheese puree into mixing bowl with dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Roughly chop the chocolate chunks into little bits, then fold them into the dough.
- Do not bake! Stored covered in the refrigerator.
Best the next day. Eat a bowl full for dessert or a spoonful for a snack.
Why Walnuts? Great source of Omega 3 fatty acids (significantly more than any other nut), vitamin E, melatonin, and polyphenols. They’re anti-inflammatory, low FODMAP, support gut microbiome, help regulate appetite, and lower “bad” cholesterol.
Why Oat Flour? It’s high in fiber, including soluble fiber. Prebiotic, high protein, and low FODMAP. Lowers “bad” cholesterol.
Why Designer Whey? No added sugar. Contains easily digestible whey protein isolate. Complete, high biological value protein has all the necessary amino acids plus extra additional amino acids that work in conjunction with their whey protein blend. Also has calcium, vitamin D and B vitamins (which help convert protein into usable energy). Plus protease, a digestive enzyme that supports the body’s protein digestion and absorption process.3
Why Cottage Cheese? High protein, high calcium, good source of B vitamins. Casein accounts for 80% of its protein content and is slowly absorbed. For this reason, consuming it before bed has been shown to increase metabolism and muscle synthesis overnight.
Why Maple Syrup? Lower glycemic index than refined sugar, low FODMAP. Full of antioxidants and flavanols – darker, “lower” grade maple syrup has even more antioxidants.
Why Vanilla? Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective, and yummy!
Why Dark Chocolate? Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidant, including polyphenols, flavanols and catechins. Plus it’s lower sugar than miniature chocolate chips.