Serves: 2 • Prep Time: 30 min • Cook Time: 10 min
This is has been one of our favorite pantry dinners during quarantine. Tart dried cherries and creamy, savory Marcona almonds (check the Murray’s cheese area at Kroger or order them online) are the perfect complements to this dish, but you can substitute any dried fruits or nuts you find in your pantry.
- Wash greens.
- Combine lemon juice and olive oil to taste in a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add salad mix and microgreens. Toss well.
- Add dried cherries and Marcona almonds to salad.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap. Pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Serve chicken breast on a big pile of salad and enjoy!