Serves: 8 • Prep Time: 20 min • Cook Time: 2.5 hrs
- 2 pounds Pork, cubed
- 2 pounds Beef, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Penzey’s Adobo Seasoning
- 15 ounce can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worchestershire sauce
- 1 cup Water
- Salt, to taste
- Buns of your choice (we love King’s Sweet Hawaiian Hamburger Buns)
- Heat 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil in dutch oven on medium-high. Brown pork cubes, remove and set aside. Heat remaining oil in dutch oven and brown beef cubes, remove and set aside.
- Add onions to dutch oven and saute till translucent. Add Adobo seasoning and saute until onions begin to brown. Add beef, pork and remaining ingredients back to the mix and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. After two hours use a hand potato masher to begin gently shredding the meat. Cover and continue cooking on low. Mash every 15 minutes for an hour.
- Serve on sweet Hawaiian buns.