Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 30 min • Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large Flank Steak (enough to serve 4)
- 12 ounces Cucumber
- 8 ounces Sugar Snap Peas
- 4 ounces Radishes
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Green Onions, light and dark greens thinly sliced
- 1 cup Farro
- 1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Honey (We used local Humble Bumble honey!)
- 1/2 teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- Olive oil
- Zest the lemon into a large bowl. Juice half of the lemon into the same bowl.
- Trim the ends off of the sugar snap peas and cut them in half length-wise.
- Halve the radishes and thinly slice them into half-moons.
- Quarter the cucumber lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high heat. Since a watched pot never boils, use this time to season the steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat olive oil in a skillet (cast iron is best) on medium.
- Add farro to boiling water and cook about 12-15 minutes, until tender but chewy. Drain farro and set aside.
- While farro cooks, cook the steak until browned and finished to your taste, flipping once. Transfer steak to a cutting board to rest.
- While steaks rest, add yogurt, half of green onions, honey, poppy seeds, 2 Tablespoons water, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, and a couple pinches of salt to the large bowl with lemon. Whisk together into a creamy dressing. Add the cucumber, sugar snap peas, radishes, and farro and toss to coat.
- Cut steaks against the grain into thin slices and serve atop the salad. Garnish with remaining green onions.