Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 30 min • Cook Time: 40 min
- 2 cups Rice, unprepared
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized strips
- 1/4 cup Onion, diced
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Ginger, minced
- 2 cans Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 3 Tablespoons Maharaja’s Curry Powder (Penzey’s Spices)
- 2 Tablespoons Sambal Oelek chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Red bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and halved
- Prepare rice according to package instructions, adding a pat of butter and pinch of saffron before cooking.
- While the rice cooks, heat 1 tablespoon oil in large pan on medium high. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Transfer chicken to a plate, leaving oil in pan.
- Saute onion, garlic, and ginger in pan until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, tomato paste, curry powder, chili paste, and salt and mix well.
- Add the chicken, cauliflower, bell pepper, and green beans and stir to coat. Cover and cook 20-30 minutes, until vegetable are your desired degree of softness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve over saffron rice.