Serves: 4 • Prep Time: 20 minutes • Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Steak for 4
- Long Life (Yi Mein) or other Chinese noodles
- 12 ounces Green Beans, Snow Peas, or Sugar Peas
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 3 Green Onions
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (1/2 stick)
- 2 Tablespoons Miso Paste
- 3-4 inch piece of Ginger
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/3 cup Roasted, Salted Cashews
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- Soften the butter in a small bowl, either by leaving it at room temperature or by microwaving at 30% power until just soft. Use a fork to blend the miso paste into the butter until smooth.
- Cut the beans or peas into bite-sized pieces.
- Thinly slice the green onions and keep the whites and light greens separate from the dark greens.
- Mince the garlic.
- Roughly chop the cashews.
- Use a spoon to scrape the skin off of the ginger. Grate the ginger.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet on medium. Cook the steak until browned and finished to your taste, flipping once. Transfer steak to a cutting board to rest.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook the long life noodles according to package directions, drain, run a bit of cool water over them and set aside.
- While the noodles cook, heat a tablespoon of oil in the skillet. Saute garlic, ginger, scallion white and light greens, carrots, and beans/peas until crisp-tender.
- Add soy sauce, miso butter, long life noodles to skillet and toss to coat. Season to taste with pepper.
- Thinly slice steaks. Plate the stir fry and top with steak slices, cashews, and scallion dark greens.