Some overcast days and scattered rain have made working conditions a bit easier on some days lately. A few of the high tunnels are almost back to presentable conditions now. I am realizing that physical weed barriers are a must on a farm with limited labor. I also learned that the numbers prove me right. Weeds cause more crop loss than any other pest, or disease. To move forward I plan to wrestle some old landscaping fabric out of the tree line to cut into bed width strips and burn holes through for lettuces.
Fall planting is underway although limited in scope to fast growing and low care plants such as lettuces. It is sad to me to be planting for fall already. I feel like I just started to get the hang of managing the farm. That and we are just now nearly caught up on pruning tomato plants that were planted in May/June.